Your classical school library reinforces skills taught by classroom teachers and aims to point students toward a lifetime enjoyment of reading stories that are true, good, and beautiful.
Library activities are designed to help each child acquire literacy skills such as:
- listening to a variety of literature
- expanding vocabulary through listening opportunities
- predicting outcomes / drawing conclusions
- recalling details / retelling stories
- interpreting visual cues
- making inferences
- using context clues
- finding information
- identifying fiction and nonfiction
- citizenship / proper use and care of library books and property
One for the Books
Your school library is sponsoring the SBCS Reading Challenge to encourage all students to read and enjoy great books. Information and forms are attached. Students who complete the challenge will earn house points and an award!