Parent Teacher Organization
All parents with children at Saint Benedict Catholic School are automatically members of the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO).
While the PTO is known for helping raise funds to benefit the school, the PTO also strives to support and promote quality Catholic education and encourage Catholic standards of family life through family centered events and parent education programs.
Stay tuned to the weekly newsletter and the school calendar for upcoming PTO meetings so you can plan to attend!
Parent Involvement Program/Support Hours
With a school of our size, we need every family to volunteer their time and talents. The Parent Involvement Program allows for adequate staffing of PTO sponsored events and other programs that benefit our school while helping to keep tuition costs down. It also helps create a family atmosphere that makes Saint Benedict special.
All families are automatic members of the PTO, and by being involved, we achieve the following goals:
1. To foster a sense of camaraderie and community amongst families through social events.
2. To fundraise in meaningful ways in order to maintain a reasonable tuition rate and provide resources to the school community.
3. To offer hospitality to the various people, groups and programs that represent SBCS.
4. To support the faculty and staff.
In order to accomplish these goals, we ask the following of all Saint Benedict families:
1. To perform a minimum of 25 service hours throughout the school year. Any parent, legal guardian, grandparent or immediate family members over the age of 18 years of age may volunteer in fulfillment of this obligation. Current students at the school cannot participate in this program.
2. All families are asked to complete a minimum of 8 hours at Oktoberfest with a maximum allowance of 12 hours per family to be counted toward the volunteer requirement.
3. All families are asked to complete a minimum of 2 hours planning or volunteering at FallFest.
4. All families are asked to complete a minimum of 2 hours planning or volunteering for our Spring Gala.
5. Families that choose to coach an athletic team can count a maximum of 10 hours per season toward their volunteer requirement.
6. Food donations are limited to two hours per family.
7. All volunteer opportunities for the school year will be posted August 1st. Families are asked to sign up for desired slots by the Welcome Fair.
8. You may choose to opt out of the Parent Involvement Program. The fee to do so is $1,000 and you are still required to volunteer a minimum of five hours.
9. All volunteer hours should be logged in FACTS (ParentsWeb) within 30 days (1 month) of when the service hours were earned.
10. Any unearned hours at the end of the school year will be assessed a $50 per hour fee to be billed to your FACTS account.