The uniform is a tradition of Saint Benedict Catholic School and encourages respect, professionalism, and a sense of equality among students.
It is the responsibility of the parents to help make sure that all children wear the proper uniform. If a child comes to school with an improper uniform, they will be asked to correct the uniform, and they will receive disciplinary consequences. If an item is missing or cannot be removed, the parent may be called and the student’s uniform must be corrected before they may return to class. Any work missed must be made up after school.
Our official uniform provider is Flynn & O’Hara, 9722 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235 or by way of www.flynnohara.com Uniform items may also be purchased from other sellers as long as they meet the uniform guidelines.
The PTO collects used uniforms and sells them for $2/item. Dates of sales will be announced in the weekly newsletter.
Guidelines for all students
● Only the kinds of shoes listed in the section uniform descriptions are permitted. Tennis shoes and other athletic shoes may be worn only for PE class or when the summer uniform is worn.
● The navy pullover or cardigan sweater with the school monogram, the fleece jacket with the school monogram, or the navy sweatshirt with the school logo* may be worn as part of the uniform on any school day. (*new addition 2021-22)
● Hair must be neat at all times. Boys’ hair must be above the collar, above the ears, and not covering the eyebrows. Girls’ hair must be kept out of their eyes. Hair dye and fad styles (as determined by the Principal and the Dean of Students) are not permitted.
● Jewelry must be appropriate to a Catholic environment. No bracelets or rings are permitted. A religious necklace with a cross, crucifix, or religious medal; one single pair of stud earrings no larger than 10mm; and a small watch may be worn. No “smart” watches or other internet-connected devices are permitted.
● A small watch may be worn.
● Make-up or nail polish may not be worn at any time.