The uniform is a tradition of Saint Benedict Catholic School and encourages respect, professionalism, and a sense of equality among students.
It is the responsibility of the parents to help make sure that all children wear the proper uniform. If a child comes to school with an improper uniform, they will be asked to correct the uniform, and they will receive disciplinary consequences. If an item is missing or cannot be removed, the parent may be called and the student’s uniform must be corrected before they may return to class. Any work missed must be made up after school.
Our official uniform provider is Flynn & O’Hara, 9722 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235 or by way of www.flynnohara.com Uniform items may also be purchased from other sellers as long as they meet the uniform guidelines.
The PTO collects used uniforms and sells them for $2/item. Dates of sales will be announced in the weekly newsletter.
Guidelines for all students
- Only the kinds of shoes specifically listed are permitted.
- Tennis shoes and other athletic shoes may only be worn for PE class days or with the summer uniform.
- Sweater - Optional, navy pullover or cardigan sweater with the Saint Benedict School logo may be worn as part of the school uniformon any school day.
- Fleece Jacket - The fleece jacket, pullover or zip-front, with the school logo may be worn as part of the school uniform on any school day.
- Sweatshirt - The navy sweatshirt with school monogram may be worn ONLY with the PE uniform. Starting in August 2021, the sweatshirt with school monogram may be won as part of the school uniform on any school day.
- Hair - Must be neat at all times
- Boys’ hair must be above the collar, above the ears, and not covering the eyebrows.
- Hair dye and fad hairstyles (as determined by the Principal and Dean of Students) are not permitted.
- Girls’ hair should be kept out of the eyes.
- Jewelry - Should be kept appropriate to a Catholic environment.
- No bracelets or rings
- A religious necklace which may have a cross or religious medal is allowed
- One single pair (no multiple piercings) of stud earrings no larger than 10mm may be worn
- A small watch may be worn.
- No "smart" watches or other internet connected devices are permitted.
- Makeup: Makeup or nail polish may not be worn at any time.